welcome to bay karts group events
Thank you for the opportunity to host your group to experience the entertainment and excitement of a karting event at Bay Karts Mount Maunganui.
Updated October 2022. Even if you have been before, please re-read these T&Cs.
Our management believes in order for all events to be a success, it is important that they are both safe and enjoyable for all parties.
Please Note: Bay Karts is a 100% alcohol free venue. We are not licensed for BYO and can not facilitate ‘after match drinks’.
All drivers may be breath tested prior to operating karts, if staff have any doubts.
These Group Event Conditions are additional to our Rules and Conditions of Entry.
Please also read our Rules page before making a booking.
- A deposit of $250 is required to secure your group booking.
- Full payment is required no later than three weeks before your event. For events booked within three weeks of the event date, full payment is required in order to confirm your booking.
- Package prices can not be reduced due to lower driver numbers on the day. Certain event types require additional resources, including staffing. Part of this is due to Health & Safety. Driver numbers are confirmed at time of full payment, three weeks prior to your booking.
- All drivers must arrive and sign in 30 minutes prior to your group booking time. Due to a high volume of bookings in some seasons, if your booking runs over the maximum time listed because of late arriving drivers, Bay Karts management may need to shorten your race event at the cost of your group.
- All drivers must be briefed on racing rules and how to operate the karts safely prior to racing. (Drivers not signed in and briefed on time may miss out on some or all racing).
- Consumption of ALCOHOL or DRUGS prior/during racing prohibits you from driving.
bay karts is a
zero alcohol venue
Due to Tauranga City Council Liquor Licensing rules, Bay Karts are unable to allow BYO alcohol at any events.
Please note: All/any drivers may be breath tested-prior to operating karts, if staff have any doubts.
We reserve the right to exclude your whole group based on individuals failing the breath test.
conditions of cancellation
- If you wish to cancel the event due to bad weather conditions prior to the start time of your booking but less than 48 hours prior, all funds paid will be held in credit for a re-booking of the event for another date within 3 months of the first date.
- If you wish to cancel your event for any reason (other than weather) within 2 weeks prior to your booking date, all monies paid are forfeited.
- In the event of unsafe weather conditions, postponement of this event will be made by our duty manager on the day of the event and may be left until up to 1 hour before the event. This is because our location is often out of sync with local weather patterns and the wind can clear rain away faster than other suburbs. If Bay Karts does postpone your event and you do not wish to rebook for a future date, any monies paid will be refunded in full
- Bad Weather: We may operate adult karts on a wet track, but not in consistent rain that results in puddles. We do not operate kids or tandem karts in the wet.
- If bad weather on the confirmed date means it is unsafe to continue the event prior to 50% completion, you can re-book the group event for another date within 3 months of the first date. If more than 50% has been completed, then a pro-rata credit of the base package price will be available for a future booking within 3 months. Please note: If you do not wish to re-book the event the deposit is non refundable.
- If a secured booking is cancelled 21 days or more before the confirmed event date, the deposit will be fully refunded.
After you find the package that suits your group, check with us about track availability and making your booking.
We assure you a professional approach, with safety being our main concern, resulting in an excellent event for all. We appreciate your understanding that Health & Safety is paramount with motorised entertainment, so we reserve the right to exclude drivers on this basis. Kart speed may be reduced for weather or poor driving on track.