welcome to bay karts group events
Thank you for the opportunity to invite your group to experience the entertainment and excitement of a karting event at Bay Karts Mount Maunganui.
Updated December 2021. Even if you have been before, please re-read these T&Cs.
Our management believes in order for all events to be a success, it is important that they are both safe and enjoyable for all parties.
Please Note: Bay Karts is a 100% alcohol free venue. We are not licensed for BYO and can not facilitate ‘after match drinks’.
All drivers may be breath tested prior to operating karts, if staff have any doubts.
If you wish to hire our venue for hosting purposes after a karting function, a special event liquor license can be applied for in advance. Contact us for details & price commitments.
- A deposit of $250 of the package price is required to secure your group booking. Your race event and options must be confirmed at this stage.
- Full payment is required no later than three weeks before your event. For events booked within three weeks of the event date, full payment is required in order to confirm your booking.
- If you have selected a catering option, that cost (as itemised on your invoice) is required at the time of the deposit as well.
- Once the deposit is paid, package prices can not be reduced due to lower driver numbers on the day. Certain event types require additional resources, including staffing. Part of this is due to Health & Safety. Driver numbers are confirmed at time of full payment, three weeks prior to your booking.
- All drivers must arrive and sign in 30 minutes prior to your group booking time. Due to a high volume of bookings in some seasons, if your booking runs over the maximum time listed because of late arriving drivers, Bay Karts management may be forced to shorten your race event at the cost of your group.
- All drivers must be briefed on racing rules and how to operate the karts safely prior to racing. (Drivers not signed in and briefed on time may miss out on racing).
- Consumption of ALCOHOL or DRUGS prior/during racing prohibits you from driving.
bay karts is a
zero alcohol venue
Due to Tauranga City Council Liquor Licensing rules, Bay Karts are unable to offer BYO alcohol at any events.
We are not licensed for BYO and have been advised we cannot facilitate "after match drinks" at this point in time.
Please note: All/any drivers may be breath tested-prior to operating karts, if staff have any doubts.
conditions of cancellation
- If you wish to cancel the event due to bad weather conditions prior to the start time of your booking but less than 48 hours prior, all funds paid will be held in credit for a re-booking of the event for another date within 3 months of the first date.
- If you wish to cancel your event for any reason (other than weather) within 2 weeks prior to your booking date, all monies paid are forfeited.
- In the event of excessive weather conditions, cancellation of this event will be made by our duty manager on the day of the event and may be left until up to 1 hour before the event.This is because our location is often out of sync with local weather patterns and the wind can clear rain away faster than other suburbs. If Bay Karts does cancel your event, and you do not wish to rebook for a future date, any monies paid will be refunded in full
- Bad Weather: We will operate karts on a wet track, but not in consistent rain that results in puddles.
- If bad weather on the confirmed date means it is unsafe to continue the event prior to 50% completion, you can re-book the group event for another date within 3 months of the first date. If more than 50% has been completed, then a pro-rata credit of the base package price will be available for a future booking within 6 months. Please note: If you do not wish to re-book the event the deposit is non refundable, unless a prior agreement is made with Bay Karts management at the time the booking is made.
- If a secured booking is cancelled 21 days or more before the confirmed event date, the deposit will be fully refunded.
After you find the package that suits your group, check with us about track availability and making your booking.
We assure you a professional approach, with safety being our main concern, resulting in an excellent event for all. We appreciate your understanding that Health & Safety is paramount with motorised entertainment, so we reserve the right to exclude drivers on this basis. Kart speed may be reduced for weather or poor driving on track.
TRAFFIC LIGHT SYSTEM
With the uncertainty of COVID-19 we are remaining flexible for any unforeseen COVID-related circumstances.
Bay Karts have implemented a new process to stay open in ALL colours. To make sure no one misses out on karting we have a few changes.
All casual sessions, including online bookings, will require vaccine certificates for racers and spectators to be shown upon arrival.
All group bookings, such as race packages, Bathurst, Grand Prix and exclusive track hire, do no require vaccine certificates to be shown.
If you do not wish to show a vaccine certificate for casual sessions, we can still manually make a booking for you - just contact our office directly on 07 574 3709 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can manually make a booking.
At this stage we have not come up with a work around for "arrive & drive" (walk-ins without a booking) that doesn't include the vaccine certificate.
Please be patient with us as we navigate these changes and understand that we do not want any one to be excluded from Bay Karts.